About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Play with the horse that shows up!


It was a beautiful evening last night so I got in two hours of playtime with Lola. My thoughts were to play on the ground a bit and ride. Well, she had a different idea. We played on the ground and boy was she a defiant pistol (and definitely not in a riding frame of mind unfortunately ... distracted ... buck, rear, kick, run, run, run, snort,etc)! We worked through it all playing all kinds of variations of the 7 games and she did well when she decided to just do what was asked of her (halter and 22' line, carrot stick and string, and I did saddle her with the bareback pad) playing in the paddock, round pen (with no fence), walked down the long driveway to the house, obstacles in the playground, trailer, etc. (you know she is testing my leadership--bigtime). We ended by hanging out in the horse trailer together for awhile munching on corn pops. Anyhow...this is a challenging and fun horse with spunk... wow! :)

PS. I have been riding the horses and last week, taped an initial ride on Lola that I submitted to Parelli! Probably not a pass but, I felt compelled to send it anyway...very impulsive of me for sure but, when you are in the lonely barn, any feedback is appreciated! I'll keep you posted and and put up the link when I hear back. I have a lot to talk about regarding that ride...until next time!

4 comments:

strivingforsavvy said...

Good luck with the tape you submitted. Which level is it for? And good for you for sending it. It never hurts to get feedback and who knows, maybe you'll pass!

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

I submitted for Level 2 Freestyle which, if a pass would make me official Level 3. Feedback is always good and in viewing my video, I already see areas of improvement. :)

inchwormwv said...

Hey Girl, good for you on multiple counts! Both the freestyle L2 submit and the continuing pursuit of physical fitness. I think it is a good idea to make the auditions less of a "THING", that way we can be calmer about it. I bet you pass!

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Hi Tenley--Thank you for your vote of confidence. I don't know why I sent in the video, not really, it was ok but, I was nervous about many things (a complete post to come). Suffice it to say that when I taped the session (online and riding), I had no intention of using it for anything but jsut to see how things looked. Not perfect but not as bad as I thought that day (funny how perception in the moment and actuality differ). Something possessed me to just send it! LOL Anyhow, definitely I like the idea of it not being such a "thing" as that makes me crazy! Anyhow, I'll let you know either way. Personally, I'd like to just pass and move on, I am tired of being in Level 2 pergatory (due to so many circumstances).

Hugs,
Michelle/arabhorselover1

PS Fosse and I are riding better than ever, I guess he and I both finally matured and are truly partnering...funny how things just fall into place!