About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, March 27, 2010

My horses are going to be so happy: Celebrating My 10% Weight Loss!

Yippie! My horses are going to be so happy to have less of me to carry around and that I can keep up with them better on the ground too! I am feeling great and doing so well on my fitness journey! I believe this is an integral part of my Parelli journey. Remember, You Know You're Doing Parelli When...You constantly seek never ending self-improvement.

Today, I am celebrating my 10% weight loss (26 pounds was the target) ! I needed to lose one pound more to get there and lost 3.4 pounds instead! So, 28.4 pounds down, many more to go... I plan to focus on another 5% as my next goal (15% weight loss, 39 pounds). I feel that working on smaller goals will help me get to my lifetime weight goal without as much pressure and allowing me to feel good about my progress each step of the way.

According to an article on the Weight Watchers website, losing 10% can give you a healthier heart, lower your risk of type-2 diabetes, give you more energy, give you a mental edge, and allow you to have a reality check allowing you to be prepared and understand what steps you need to take to get the rest of the weight off. CLICK HERE to read the entire article.

I have to say that going to these weekly meetings, menu planning, and journaling are three of the major things I am doing that really is making this an easy lifestyle change. However, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the importance of the support I get from Rick, my husband. He is my rock.

Here is an updated record of how much I've lost each week.

Week 1: January 9, 2010 Started Weight Watchers, First Weigh-in, First Meeting

Week 2: January 16, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 6.2 pounds

Week 3: January 23, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 1.6 pounds, *Started Exercising Regularly

Week 4: January 30, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 3.8 pounds

Week 5: February 6, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 3 pounds *Reached 5% Weight-loss Target!

Week 6: February 13, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 2.4 pounds

Week 7: February 20, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Gained .2 pounds

Week 8: February 27, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 1.6 pounds

Week 9: March 6, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 5.6 pounds *Biggest Loser at the Meeting!

Week 10: March 13, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost .8 pounds

Week 11: March 20, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost .2 pounds *Reached 25# Milestone!

Week 12: March 27, 2010 Weigh-in Day, Lost 3.4 pounds *Reached 10% Weight-loss Target!

Image from: http://media.photobucket.com/image/weight%20loss/flipper4777/weightLoss34.jpg

2 comments:

Naturally Gaited said...

Hey, I love the new look of your blog! Very cool. :-)

Congratulations on your monumental success. Wish you were here to celebrate!!

Clare

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks, Clare (on both things). I needed a fresh look for the blog...and myself! LOL

I am so sorry to have missed the Parelli event but that is life. I am happy that you were able to attend, and so close to your home! Glad you had a fun time.

Love ya!
Michelle