About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Physical Fitness Update...Feeling Awesome!


I was told by someone at work today that I reminded them of Katherine Heigl from Gray's Anatomy and that we looked very much alike. Wow, now that is an awesome compliment! :) Plus, Rick has been lavishing me with praise, compliments, and major support, everyday (not that he was not supportive before this new leg of my journey started). Which brings me to posting this update...I am feeling awesome.



As posted earlier in January, I am on a quest for a lifestyle change in the area of physical fitness (and healthier living overall) not only for myself but for my horses. Well, so far, so good! I did rejoin Weight Watchers like I said, have attended every meeting (Rick even drives me there), and am working through week four (week 5 starts on Sat). I have put both the exercise and meetings on my calendar, I am menu planning and trying new recipes (that Rick and I are totally enjoying), have been journaling everything, going to the gym 5 days a week 9it is addicting), getting in additional exercise on the weekends at home, am losing weight at every weigh-in, and I feel superbly fabulous! I truly am super-motivated and looking forward to great changes for 2010 (and I know my horses are going to be SO HAPPY too).



If any of you are on a similar journey, trying to get your physical fitness in check, feel free to contact me for support and encouragement! I am in a "no one can stop me now" frame of mind!

SSSS--AAAA--VVVV--VVVV--YYYY!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Naturally Gaited said...

When I saw that photo I thought, oh my god she has slimmed down fast! It does look like you. I also think that you look like reporter Michelle Kosinski! Every time I see her on tv I think of you. :-)

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Hi Clare---thanks! I looked up the TV Reporter, another ocmpliment for sure. :)

I have truly been working very hard and losing each week and hopefully, at the weigh-in on Saturday, I'll be able to celebrate a 5% loss. Then, I'll work on another 5%. I've decided that working on 5% at a time is reasonable and gives me a good point to celebrate rather than just trying to get to the so-called finish line. I know what I have in mind as an end result and if I keep it up, it could be achieved in a year. But, I need to only focus on a small goal at a time.

Thanks for your support and encouragement.

-Michelle