About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ballet Anyone?

Good Morning Everyone! Well, we've got a lot of snow here and are buried back in the woods...how fun is that? It is like we live in a Christmas card or in a snow-globe.

As you can see from the photo, this post is exercise related. I have been working on trying to exercise despite my sprained back (which by the way is getting much better). My promise to myself was to do low-moderate exercise 5 days a week regardless of the injury and stick to my WW plan. So far, so good.

I have been trying to do workouts that include a lot of stretching as this seems to really help me. This morning I decided to dust off my Dancing for Kids DVD and do a little ballet. I know, this sounds really weird (and I can only imagine the imagery it is producing for you). But, when I was a kid (and before I was born), my mom was a dancer and dance teacher (not the kind in bars but a real dancer). She told me a couple of years ago that ballet was really good for my horsemanship in terms of strength, balance, and stretching. She also insisted that I purchase a kids DVD as it was the best way to learn. And so, I bought Dancing for Kids by Kultur and it is good. This DVD is simple to follow, fun, and if you can get past the fact that this little kids are more limber than you, you'll love it! LOL

So, this morning, I did only 20 minutes but, I feel really good. I am warm, stretched, and ready to start my day. This is just one more step towards better health, better living, and better horsemanship.
Keep it natural folks!

2 comments:

Naturally Gaited said...

I could just imagine your mom as a pole dancer!! LOL ;-)

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thanks, Clare, that is just a frightening thought! ROFLMAO.