About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year! Any Resolutions?

This is a time of year when people reflect, plan, and look forward to a new beginning, renewed motivation, and dream of future successes. This year I plan to work very hard on my physical fitness and plan to assess and pass, at minimum, level 3 this year. (My physical fitness will impact my assessment goals.) It is easy to make a resolution but sticking to it is another matter altogether. To celebrate and begin my renewed journey for 2010, I purchased all of the new Parelli DVDs, "Getting Started, Levels 1-4, and the NEC Celebration." I believe that these new materials will offer me another look at my horsemanship and give me a renewed sense of being part of the Parelli dream. (I am also going to look into the ambassador program.) My plan for physical fitness is to exercise 3-5 days a week and so, I have renewed a 1 year membership at the gym, I am going to attend Weight Watchers meetings starting a week from tomorrow as well. This is something I did a long time ago for weight loss. My goal now is not just weight loss, but to get back into healthier eating habits for overall health and well-being. This past year has been full of health-related issues for me and I truly feel much better exercising and eating right (no surprise but for some reason, a difficult task at times, go figure). As for my professional goals, I am looking forward to many new projects and challenges at the University this year. And so, the only resolution related to that is to continue to work hard, be diligent, creative, and be the best Director of Libraries that I can be.

Happy New Year everyone. I send you all best wishes for a successful year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog (privatly) and I would just like to say that reading your blog is so fun & inspiring for me as my and my 3yr old gelding are just starting out on the Parelli journey :)

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

Thank you Anonymous! I appreciate your feedback and welcome it at anytime. Best wishes on your journey. Keep in touch.