About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weekly Task Challenge Reminder

I just wanted to remind you all, my blog readers, that I post a weekly task challenge. If you ever have ideas that you;d like me to post, just let me know!

Here is this week's task challenge!

If you don't know what to do, have little time, or are just feeling stuck, try the weekly task challenge as a way to at least do something with your horse! (It just may motivate you to do more.)

Weekly Task Challenge: Old Level 3 Tasks (from 2007)

Here are some fun ideas from the Parelli Level 3 Assessment (2007)

ONLINE
Send horse into a horse trailer at the trot or canter and bring back to you.
• Student at least 30 feet away.
• Little or no tension in the rope. The belly of the rope may be dragging.
• Horse enters trailer at the trot as minimum. If it breaks from canter to trot as it reaches the ramp or trailer door, this is acceptable.
• Horse stays in trailer until asked out.

LIBERTY
Lead horse backwards by tail
• Tail only is used for this task (no additional ropes on hocks or halter).
• Horse shows no resistance, but it could be a little slow.
• Tapping horse or ground with Carrot Stick is acceptable.

FREESTYLE
Climb all over horse, rub his rump with your legs and feet, stand on his back.
• Student proves the horse is confident by not sneaking. Climbs around confidently.
• Horse stands still, relaxed.
• Student shows enough balance to be able to stand up.

FINESSE
Ride from a back up into a canter and back down to a back up three times: Canter Yo-Yo.
• Horse goes from back up directly into a canter, no walk or trot steps.
• Reins are in concentrated position throughout exercise.
• Transition to back up is smooth, one or two trot or walk steps permissible.
• Straight lines.
• Vertical flexion an advantage but not essential for a pass.
• Student focuses straight ahead.


*Weekly tasks are based on many different Parelli resources I have studied as well as my own ideas on how to proceed through my journey. Some of the content was copied to make it easier to put up in a timely manner. Please consult http://www.parelli.com for any official instructions or materials.

No comments: