About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, May 01, 2009

Utilizing My Time Well

Image from: http://foolery.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451972669e2010535d1c819970c-800wi
As for everyone, time is precious and often not in great supply. As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been quite ill and needed surgery but was still playing and riding the horses. Well, this past Monday I said good-bye to my gall bladder and good-bye to riding for the next 8 weeks. I've been told once I am feeling better, ground games are fine but "no abdominal jarring." (I want to take a moment to mention that my hubby Rick has been simply wonderful and is taking good care of me.)

At first, this news was terribly depressing but then I decided, well, horses, for me, are way more than riding and therefore, there was plenty we could do together and have fun. Before being able to play hands-on, I am using my time to watch my DVDs and am currently enjoying the Savvy Club Volume 41, "Solving and Extrovert-Introvert Mismatch." It is very interesting and being an extrovert with one extrovert horse and one introvert, the concepts and issues ring true. I do have to say that I don't have a mismatch issue any longer (usually) but, it took time and reflection to figure it out. I am looking forward to my Savvy Club Gold package which should be here any day. I am certain that there will be plenty of material for me to review!

It just so happens that my wonderful local contractor also came this week and is getting my round pen and horsey playground areas put in place as well as Rick's garden so, I have the need (and now time) to make more plans for these areas and the rest of the property plans, I am sure, will also start coming together. Rick and I have been making plans for our fencing needs to and the close we get to things looking more in-line wiht our expectations, the better we feel and the more we fell this new place is truly ours.

Here are a few photos of the excavation. What fun.

We are calling this rock display "Horse Henge" and we believe it will be a fun and neat looking obstacle!

This is one of the pieces of equipment in the playground area.
Future home of our 80 foot round pen!


Future garden and playground areas shown here.
Future playground and new shed area.
I'll be sure to check in from time to time and feel free to comment or contact me!

No comments: