About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Horsemanship Quizzes and Weekly Tasks!

If you really want to be successful, you should be studying, testing yourself, and practicing--constantly. As Pat Parelli has said, a million times (at least), "Practice doesn't make perfect - only perfect practice makes perfect!" So, you have to know what you are doing! This is no different than learning in school, at college/university, on the job, etc.

As a creative way to study my level of horsemanship, I created online quizzes using Survey Monkey and my horse-related study materials (books, videos, articles, and more). These quizzes were originally distributed to my PNH group, the NCPPG, via e-mail as wa way for all of us to learn and test together. I decided to revive them and post them on the blog thinking that some of you may be interested and find this tool useful in your journey. If you are intereted in testing yourself, do take a look! I plan to continuously add to them so be checking back periodically! They are on the right-hand side below my levels status information. You can take them as many times as you like. Included are not only the questions but the answers! *Please note that the responses are collected as a function of Survey Monkey. However, your IP address is not collected in the responses.

I also used to post a task of the week for the NCPPG. It was a great way to motivate myself and others. I plan to do this on the blog as well. I'll be putting tasks towards the bottom, above the Zoneology map. Give them a try and let me know what you think! You can always send email to me at arabhorselover1@yahoo.com

Questions? Thoughts? Comment here! I look forward to hearing from you!

P.S. I added several new tunes to the online radio. If there is something you like, let me know and if I like it too, I'll add it!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

LOVE the weekly tasks, Michelle! What a great idea! And the quizzes. Wish we lived close enough to be in a group together. Your old group sounds FANTASTIC!
Naturally, Lauren Lee

Michelle AKA arabhorselover1 said...

You are very welcome Lauren. I was just speaking to my friend in VA and the group I started there is going strong still--yeah. I was saddened by the NY group's fate but, try to network to the best of my ability. I too htink we'd have fun together. If you are ever in the North Country, be sure to let me know!