This wonderful image is from MetroNet IQ and was used in a story about a municipal broadband debate. However, this common euphemism clearly illustrates what many horse people are guilty of, me included. Ok, so what does this euphemism really mean, "Putting the horse before the cart?" To me, it illustrates many things in life but today, I am talking about horses.
Here are a few Parellisms to keep you thinking and to keep you motivated!
- There is only one rule - there are no rules .
- The horse doesn't care how much you know until he knows how much you care.
- Allow your horse time to digest your thoughts.
- Do it for the horse, not to him.
- Don't walk the extra mile for someone walking in the opposite direction.
- Slow and right beats fast and wrong.
- Practice doesn't make perfect - only perfect practice makes perfect!
- Never ask a trying horse to try.
- Cause your ideas to become your horse's ideas, but understand his ideas first.
- If your horse is recreation for you...can you be recreation for your horse?
- Find out what happens before what happens happens.
- If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
- Take the time it takes so it takes less time.
- Play with the horse that shows up.
- Expect a lot, accept a little, reward the slightest try.