About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, August 08, 2008

Fun Ideas ---Thought I'd Share

This photo is from my archives. It was a play date shot of a few friends and their horses a few years ago back in Virginia.

Well, I have a play date scheduled for Tuesday night at my place. The theme is 7 games with obstacles. The idea is to figure out a way to play all of the games with your horse (in a variety of ways) with each obstacle--be provocative for your horse!

I plan to list out the games and then the obstacles. I'll probably even label the obstacles or draw a map or something as things will be in various locations on the property--I have not figured this part out yet.

I want my study group to have fun, be creative, and find success. I may not use all of the items listed below but like to have a growing list of ideas. By the way, if you can think of any more, please post them in the comments! I am always looking for new ways to accomplish my goals!

Parelli Games
  1. Friendly Game
  2. Porcupine Game
  3. Driving Game
  4. Yo-Yo Game
  5. Circling Game
  6. Sideways Game
  7. Squeeze Game

Obstacles (in no particular order and may be set-up in a variety of ways)

  1. Tarp
  2. Horse Trailer
  3. Cones
  4. Large Barrels
  5. Small Barrels
  6. Log Jumps
  7. Sandpit
  8. Hills in the Hidden Meadow
  9. Trail
  10. Rock Pedestal
  11. Tree Pedestal
  12. Mounting Block
  13. Green Parelli Ball
  14. Ground Poles
  15. Umbrella
  16. Hula Hoops
  17. Side-by-Side Pine Trees
  18. Open Meadow
  19. Round Pen
  20. Fly Spray
  21. Bridge
  22. Mailbox
  23. Raincoat
  24. Horse Blanket
  25. Gate
  26. Water Obstacle
  27. Car Wash Obstacle
  28. Fence
  29. Flag
  30. Snake Pit Obstacle (ropes or horses in a pile)
  31. Arena
  32. Driveway
  33. Rubber Mat

No comments: