About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So What's Going On?

Good Morning! So what is going on at Hidden Meadows these days? Well, not much and a lot!

The horses are all doing very well. Their hooves are coming along (we had some issues since I got them home, probably nutritionally related and being in stalls all winter--typical stuff). Anyhow, through supplementation, frequent trimming treatments, twice daily picking, and a clean place to live, their hooves are looking much better, getting hard again and looking really good. Their physical condition has changed overall too, I put them back on Ultium and am using some supplements (as I mentioned) and they are sparkling and smiling! Attitudes are changing and they are surely feeling better about their new home situation. I always wonder if they ever think of the mountains and Virginia.
I have not had much play time however, as I have been very busy with work, visitors, rennovations, moving in, and of course, cleaning up still--after the big storm! I have some new ideas about our overall set-up amd am working with Rick to plan things, the right way!

The NCPPG is going strong and members are excited and motivated. I am really having fun with it. We have a trailer loading play date on Saturday (weather permitting) and we hope to have many horses and trailers to play with. I posted this week's task and it is all about figure 8's so, I am using that theme as this post's photo. I can tell you that I tried it a little last night and it is not the easiest task. I asked Whiskey but, he was more interested in eating grass than me....take the time it takes, right? So, I need to find more play time and get back on track. I felt fumbly a little and was surprised, out of practice I guess. I am not too sure about my L2 assessment deadline in October at the moment but for now, it will remain.
So that is it, not much but a lot!

No comments: