About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Play Date, Coaching and Riding Fun!


Our play group had a wonderful evening . We played with 7 of our friend's horses this evening. I was primarily playing and helping others accomplish tasks, understand the games, and having fun. I love this group and the more effort I put in, the more I get out, outstanding!

I was also offered and took the chance to ride one of the horses. It has literally been months since I have truly ridden. We simply worked on walk/trot transitions in the pushing passenger position, carrot-stick riding, direct and indirect rein, etc. I had such a great time! I also felt a bit sad, remembering that this was what Whiskey and I were getting so go at before we moved. Ity is a motivation to get back in shape, and also an affirmation that my balance is still intact!


The horses are still adjusting and so am I really. This morning, I felt a tad frustrated with Whiskey who was acting right-brained and impulsive. But, I have also been over tired. When I came home this evening after the play date, I fed the horses and did not have those feelings and he (and the others) were just fine. Horses CAN read us! LOL

No comments: