Here is a recap of the competition!
Marcia & Mini-Me 1st Place 70 points
Cindy & Whiskey 2nd Place 60 points
Monica & Susie 3rd place (tie)50 points
Bill & Honkey 3rd place (tie)50 points
Kim & Fosse 4th place 40 points
Obstacles/Puzzles list: (each worth 10 points with a 10 point bonus task, total points available 80 points)
- Put the ball on your horse for 10 seconds. Your horse needs to now move around.
- Put your horse on the tarp for 10 seconds (you cannot walk or stand on the tarp). For 10 extra points, put the tarp on your horse.
- Send your horse over the jump.
- Slalom your horse through the cones. You must be a minimum of six feet away from the cones. You cannot lead your horse through the course.
- Sidepass your horse over the pole.
- Ask your horse to go back through the barrels. You may not walk him through first.
- Kneel on the barrel and send your horse in a circle around you without getting off the barrel or changing positions. Your horse must circle two times.
I also was able to take time to ride Fosse, bareback, one-reined with the PNH halter and carrot stick. The carrot stick was a first time thing and it went very well.
In addition to that, I saddled Whiskey taking a long time and having a friend play with him in between. Then, I practiced mounting from both sides (never put my leg over though) about 4 times on each side. I then got off the mounting block and ended it. I wanted to retreat and end with success. He did not show any emotional displacement behaviors this time. He started a little while my friend played with him but she knew to retreat and that worked well.
I did give all of the horses and mules treats throughout the evening. These were not bribes but just something nice here and there.
I look forward to future adventures with the group. And no, no pictures! We all forgot to bring a camera! So, I posted a fun photo instead. Until next time...