About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Morning Tidbit


I just had to share. I went out to feed the critters this morning. I decided to crawl up on Whiskey after haltering him (I was in my t-shirt, shorts, slip on sneakers). I did not go out with the intent to do anything but feed. However, I felt compelled to get on my horse and hug him. (There is a lot going on these days.) Anyhow, I was now on Whiskey, looking at the mountains, I hugged him, spoke to him, and then, I asked for him to walk forward (not with a voice command but with the cues I learned through PNH).

He moved forward and was very happy to do so. There was no biting, no head flipping/bobbing, no gulping noises, no sudden stops, no snotty twists and turns, or any other indication of irritation or concern. We walked around the arena a few times (maybe 5 minutes if that) and I dismounted. I then walked him to the front turnout and fed him (and went back to feed the others). I then proceeded to water the critters and gave out a few apple treats.

It does not sound like much but to me it was definitely important and progress. I like that he was pleased to do this with me, thanked him and told him I needed that time with him. It seems like I am getting through to him.

What a beautiful morning!

No comments: