About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Update on Horse Activities


Well, I just wanted to tell you that the mini-horse is doing well. We are still calling him Mini-Me (for now as Kramer did not fit him). My dad recommended Frodo (from Lord of the Rings). We are thinking about it. He is doing games 1-4 (friendly, porcupine, driving, and yo-yo) very well now--better than expected. I have yet to get him to comprehend circling but I am sure he will eventually understand. Right now, instead of circling, he come up to me and tries to cuddle! He is cute but, we have to work on our language and communication. The leadership and love parts are well on their way. His feet are looking good. I am planning to do a trim this week. I am still amazed at how well he "cleaned up".

Today, I went home and immediately went out with the horses. It was actually nice out! The big guys and the little guy are getting along nicely although they are not together unsupervised yet. It is funny to see how well the mini deals with the feisty Arabs (Fosse and Whiskey) and the huge Thoroughbred (Wilbur)! It has been wet and dreary and fairly depressing lately. But, I spent about 2 hours with them playing as a group (herd), individually, and having some non-demanding time as well. Then, I fed them their dinner. We are all full of mud and feeling very happy and lovin' each other tonight.

No comments: