About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Horses are for Healing


Well friends, I just could not stand it any longer, I had to play with the horses. So, since I can ride my 4-wheeler side-saddle, and I am a bit more mobile than several days ago (when I thought I'd never get to leave the bed again), I decided to try riding it that way to get to the horses, independently. I strapped the crutches to the back of the 4-wheeler, hoisted myself up (thank goodness for my upper body strength), and off I went. It felt great to not rely on the help of Rick (or anyone else). Rick put the horses in the arena for me, we grained them, and when they were done, it was time for play. I haltered and took one at a time to the round pen and played with them on-line and at liberty while perched on my beloved Kawasaki. We had a wonderful time! When I was finished with each horse, I lead them to the arena with the 4-wheeler and released them (horse -in-tow--I wonder what the neighbors were thinking this tim, I know they think I am nuts to begin with). Once we were all done playing, Rick got my grooming stuff and I drove my mounting block to where they were eating hay RIck put in the arena. They each came to me, I haltered them (one at a time), groomed and picked feet while perched on the mounting block. Whiskey tried to eat my crutches! Anyhow, all was tremendously fun but very tiring. It takes me 4 times as long to do anything (and with regards to grooming, I did the best I could but, they are still filthy.

Well, that's it! I just had to share.

Smiling from ear-to-ear,
Michelle/arabhorselover1

No comments: