About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Friday, November 24, 2006

Healing...Body and Soul

Well, my knee is definately healing and I am getting along better everyday. My MRI was clean meaning, I basically wrenched my knee, good. I am not using my crutches much anymore and seem to be regaining mobility and strength (although I have a long way to go). My doctor has grounded me from riding for a couple more weeks because he does not want me doing any mounting/dismounting for now becuase the knee has to heal. I go back to work in a couple of weeks too.

Yesterday, I was able to go get Fosse from the paddock. This was the first time I have been able to do this task, myself, in weeks. I walked him to the hay shed (not too far from the paddock gate) and then mounted up on the 4-wheeler. I lead him down the mountain trail to the arena. My legs are just not able to be used for long periods of time (without crutches) yet so, this was my answer to the problem. I played with him in the arena at liberty a bit and was even able to trim his hooves. He stood very well and I was able to sit on my mounting block, use the Hoof Jack, and take care of him. What an angel he is!

For me, part of the healing process has not been just on my knee, but in my head. I have had time to reevaluate my life and what is important to me. I had been working 24/7 and barely finding time to enjoy the little things. The horses for me, are part of the healing process too. Rick takes me to visit them everyday (we drive the Blazer up the mountain to their barn) . It means a lot to me. The few times I have been able to actually spend quality time with them has also been very important to me.I hahve also been able to spend quality time with Rick and we have really enjoyed that.

Well, that is it for now! I hope to be riding again soon. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: