About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Update on Whiskey


Well, I have been on vacation and have been unable to create any posts for sometime.

The horses are all doing very well. I wanted to particularly mention my progress with Whiskey. We are now riding at the walk with ease and have started trotting. We are working through some right-brained issues but overall, he is doing great. I am using the pushing passenger position and riding the rail (in the arena). I have even riddden him up the mountain and in the yard! We are riding with the Parelli natural hackamore or rope halter and leadline, and bareback (no pad), with the bareback pad, and sometimes with the English saddle. I have also been using the Theraflex or thick fleece pad at times. I am experimenting and each combination seems to work well. It has been a pleasure and experience starting him under saddle. I am so happy to have PNH as a foundation.

No comments: