About Me

My photo
North Lawrence, New York, United States
I can be described as lover of life, an animal lover, and lover of education. I am constantly striving for knowledge and learning opportunities. I've been around horses my entire life. I enjoy working with horses and their human partners through natural horsemanship philosophies, natural balance bare foot hoof care, reiki, red-light therapy, essential oils, aromatherapy, crystal healing, chromotherapy, flower essences, and more. I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master Teacher who offers treatments for people, horses, dogs, cats, and other creatures great and small. I also teach Reiki classes for those interested in learning how to treat themselves, their loved ones, and even their animals! Natural Horse Lover Farm is located in Northern New York between the St. Lawrence River and Adirondack Mountains. Heaven on Earth. naturalhorseloverfarm.com

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The beginning of a journey...

My journey and love of Parelli Natural Horsemanship (PNH) started about four years ago when I saw Pat Parelli playing with a horse that was terrified about everything including a blue tarp. At the end of the program, he had the horse following the tarp with curiosity. When I saw this, I knew that this was the new way for me, the natural way--a communication and cooperation between the horse and human--how fascinating.

I have been involved with horses on and off for over twenty years and at that time, I was gearing up to acquire a horse (it had been a long time since I had been with horses due to a terrible jumping accident that left me fearful and lacking confidence). I knew that I needed PNH in my life if I was to continue my life-long horse obsession.

In April of 2003, I jumped two feet first and acquired Fosse. That November, I went to my first Parelli Seminar in North Carolina. I joined the Savvy Club and the journey began.

I now have about everything the Parelli's sell and have been to a few additional seminars. I have yet to attend a clinic, have not been a student at their center, nor have I attended a Savvy Conference (money and time are the big issues, not interest). Something I definately want to do in the future. I have not officially assessed either, it is something I plan to do, this year. Once again, time, circumstance, and money have stood in the way.

I practice PNH with all three of my horses. If I were to unofficially assess, Fosse is Level 2 (groundwork only, no riding--not started yet), Whiskey is Level 2 (ground) and Level 1 (riding), and Wilbur is L1 (ground and riding). I started Whiskey last summer, Fosse has not been started, and Wilbur has been ridden by traditional people for years. I acquired Whiskey in Jan 2004 and Wilbur in October of 2005.


In addition to my horses, I have a career as an academic librarian. In the future, I would love to take my skills as an academic (and instructor) and combine them with my love and passion of horses and PNH and become a certified Parelli instructor. I would love to work for the Parelli's using my unique skill set--we will see.

No comments: